Thursday, November 30, 2006

Jamboree

I must say I enjoyed the Jamboree much more then I expected. Going in i was not anticipating having that great of a time. But when I got there I was almost imediatly greated by a friend of mine (he is in the imperialism group) yelling about how potatos are wrong before being attacked by a bunch of people in paper hats brandishing duck tape weapons. Things did not stop there. I was arrested withing 5 minutes for wearing head phones (imperialism at work again) and i mangaged to break 2 other of there laws before escaping from prision. This was all very entertaining to me. Soon i began to defend our native booth, which happens to break just about every law imperialism put in place (Native dance, Native music, Native food, ect.), by removing potatos from our stand. The time I actually spent at our booth was rather tame. A few people came by and i gave them food and told them about our video and about the other groups swing dancing, but i did not end up doing to much. I had lots of fun though, siting there watching people in to cardboard ships throwing potatos at eachother in an epic battle. It was kinda funny coming back later to see how the imperalism group had their empire decline (Much like real empires). At first they were all in similar garb, jailing those who broke laws. But by the end their stuff was falling apart, they had a big mess on there hands, they were jailing there own people who were rebeling and the were stealing stuff from other groups. Everything about their little enpire was falling apart. I think i just might have been a better potrail of empires then they were going for. Well Jamboree was very entertaining to me. I had my doubts going in but i was proven wrong.

No comments: