Friday, December 01, 2006

You're as pretty as a twig in the moonlight, Twig in the moonlight

Yesterday after swing dancing (which all of you should attend next semester, especially those of you in the other section who swing danced for jamboree) MaryBeth and I went to the open Mic night. We mabe it in about half of the way through, and sat down to watch. This was not the first open mic night ive been to here, but I didnt think to blog about the other one. It was fun seeing lots of talent from around morris. There were singers, guitarists, writers, and poemers... I know thats not a word but it will do. Particularly memorable were a story about the end of the world which was quite funny and a song from which the title of this post derives. All in all it was a great night and I encourage more people to go. Dont say you are bored here at morris. There is stuff to do. You are just not looking hard enough.

-You're as pretty as a twig in the moonlight,
twig in the moonlight,
You're as pretty as a bat.

1 comment:

Nic McPhee said...

Glad you enjoyed it - I know I do. I particularly liked your comments about being bored here. In our 15 years here, the problem is not having time to attend all the events we'd like!

John Hanson's "Twig in moonlight" really is a hoot, isn't it? I was happily doing all the hand motions (that I could remember) there in the back :-).